Welcome Guide for Students
Thank you for registering for one of our courses, you are now officially an NVMA student. To get you started, we’ve created a guide to get you ready for your first class.
Get Ableton Live
In class, we use Ableton Live 9 Suite. If you already have a copy, great! If not, you purchase Live at educational pricing (40% discount) by completing the following steps.
- Register for an account on Ableton.com
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting educational pricing (be sure to attach your Student Confirmation - your receipt. If you can't find your receipt or never got one, contact us to get a new one).
- Once Ableton responds, you will be able to go to Ableton.com and upload a photo fo your ID and a copy of your Student Confirmation.
- That’s it! Purchase, download, and install.
Make sure your computer is ready to work!
We will be relying heavily on each student having a fully functioning (and organized) computer. Here are some recommended specs and a short list of easy things to do to speed up your PC or Mac.
- Organize your desktop, it is recommended you have nothing on it
- Update your OS to the latest version
- Clear our out unnecessary files
- Empty your downloads folder
- Empty your trash
- Backup your computer
- Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 or later, or PC with Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- 4GB of RAM (Minimum), we recommend 8 or 16 GB
- 125GB of free HD space
As a student of the NVMA, you have access to our member studio for a hugely discounted rate ($25/hour). Learn more about the studio by visiting this page and when you're ready to book some time, click this button.
1-on-1 Production Lessons
As a student of the NVMA, you can book a 1-on-1 lesson with either Adam or Gavin for at 30% discount. Learn more about 1-on-1 lessons by checking out this page.
Student Prices for Special Events
As a student of the NVMA, you receive discounts on any workshops or special events we host at the school. Shoot us an email at email@example.com to get your discounted ticket price.