5 Week Course: Tuesdays @ 8PM, October 25 - November 22
Intro to Photoshop for DJs, Producers, & Musicians
Introducing a new course designed to help DJs, Producers, and Musicians learn the the basics of Photoshop. Taught by local design guru, Colin Spence, this 5 Week introductory course will give you the ability to take control over your personal brand and imagery by learning the basics of Adobe Photoshop.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone who wants to learn the basics of Photoshop and is interested in learning to create their own graphics and imagery.
What You'll Leave Class Knowing
A strong understanding of Photoshop's core functions — how to edit, manipulate, and customize images for use in your career as an artist.
- A Computer / Laptop
- Adobe Photoshop (CS 4 and above)
Class Topics Include
- Artist/DJ/Performer Photo touch-ups
- Using Layers and Masks
- Photo retouching and editing
- Colour adjustments, selections, and isolation
- Photoshop user interface and file preparation
- Design tips for Facebook, Instagram and other social media
- How to create your own album art
- How to create your own posters / flyers
- How to create your own EPK
- And more
- 5 Weeks
Course Dates & Class Times
- Tuesday, October 25th (8:00pm-9:30pm)
- Tuesday, November 1st (8:00pm-9:30pm)
- Tuesday, November 8th (8:00pm-9:30pm)
- Tuesday, November 15th (8:00pm-9:30pm)
- Tuesday, November 22nd (8:00pm-9:30pm)
- $200 (+GST)
About the Instructor: Colin Spence
"I’m a professional, multi-disciplined designer who specializes in creating dynamic and effective branding through digital and print. I have ten years experience in a broad spectrum of design successes such as branding Visio Media, to countless magazine spreads for the renowned Venture Publishing. I was trained in the Design Studies & Illustration program at Grant McEwan University and continue my professional development on a daily basis by keeping up to the date with the latest design trends and technology.
In the music world, I am one of the co-founders of both Soundscapes and Night Vision and have been designing artwork for Edmonton’s electronic music scene for the last 8 years.
I am currently working as the Design Lead at Granify, a start-up which recently received Series A funding from Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures. I currently manage a team of four talented designers, working together to create the best possible shopping experience for user's on various eCommerce sites, through data-driven design."
One payment of $200 (+GST)
Some Examples of Colin's Poster work: