About the Night Vision Music Academy:
Launched in February 2015, the Night Vision Music Academy was developed by a group of passionate producers and DJs to be everything a budding artist needs to get a strong start in the world of electronic music. Based on music production schools like Point Blank, Icon Collective, and Beatdrop, we provide weekly instruction on how to produce music in Ableton, as well as DJ lessons, studio space, workshops, and 1-on-1 mentorship.
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking to expand our teaching staff! We’re looking for qualified teachers who can teach Ableton production courses aimed at beginner and intermediate level producers. Classes are taught weekly in the evenings (usually on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays). This part-time position follows our semesters.
- Learning our curriculum (and improving it where possible)
- Teaching Ableton production courses weekly
- Developing new courses, workshops, and products for students (where applicable)
- Participating in school events like Open Houses or Meet-ups where applicable
- Answering student and potential student questions
- Writing and distributing class notes to students weekly
- Attending industry events to represent NVMA
- Assigning and grading homework in a timely matter
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- A master level knowledge of Ableton
- A strong understanding of music theory
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A passion for electronic music and songwriting
- A production track record that showcases your applied knowledge
- Prior experience teaching (not necessarily Ableton, but that would be a bonus)
- Post secondary education of some type (preferably music production related)
The Night Vision Music Academy is a unique place to work. Our concept has never been tried before in Edmonton and we’re looking for people who are excited to try new ideas, build community, and inspire our students to take music production to the next level. Much of our work is self directed and requires a lot personal motivation. We’re looking for passionate individuals who will take this position and make it their own.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes information about yourself, a resume of any relevant music or teaching experience, and a portfolio of your production work.
The Night Vision Music Academy Team