Beginner DJ Lessons
Learn the fundamentals of DJing with lessons from industry veterans in our downtown Edmonton studio
Beginner DJ Lessons
Learn core skills needed to become a DJ. We'll show you the ins and outs of industry standard DJ gear and help you develop the skills to use it. If you've ever wanted to learn how to DJ, our downtown Edmonton studio is the perfect place to learn!
- Each lesson is 60-minutes long
- Lessons are taught 1-on-1 by experienced professional DJs
- Lessons are taught on industry standard DJ gear (2x Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus' and a Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus Mixer). We provide all gear needed!
- If you have a DJ controller, we are happy to teach you on that
- No experience is necessary
Sample Topics Covered
- Introduction to DJing - the equipment, the terms, and how to get started
- Basic music theory: tempo, timing, and song structure
- Setting up your gear, speakers, and DJ set-up
- What gear to buy
- Using the headphones, cueing songs
- How to use effects and when
- How to use EQs
- Mixing techniques: acapellas, blends, cuts, and more
- Library and File Management
- Where to find music, how to find high quality files.
- What is melodic mixing and how can it elevate your sets
- And much more
Questions? Email email@example.com
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 780 245 0843
Book Your Lessons Today
DJ Lesson Sign-Up Instructions
- Click the 4 lesson, 8 lesson, or 12 lesson buttons above and proceed though the check out
- Once you receive our confirmation email, reply to it with your preferred lesson time.
- An instructor will contact you by phone to arrange your first lesson
Meet the DJ Instructors
David is one half of the DJ duo Joluca, Audio S, and has been DJing across Alberta for the past 8 years with extensive experience playing a wide range of shows, from festivals to clubs. His festival credits include Bass Coast, Astral Havest, Burning Man and Zion Noiz and he has opened for world class DJs such as DJ Shadow, Kaytranada, Justin Martin, Bonobo, and more.
Andrew W / Dunmore Park
Andrew DJs under two aliases: NVS and Dunmore Park. With over a decade of DJ experience, Andrew has been engrossed in DJ culture for quite some time. He has a wide range of experience playing a variety of genres and has opened for DJs like Justin Martin, Kastle, Sabo, Ryan Wells, Max Ulis, Bonobo, Christian Martin, Neighbour and many more.
Jordan Andrew / Flavours
Jordan Andrew, better known by his stage name “Flavours”, is a turntablist and multi-genre music producer from Edmonton, Alberta.
He has been a 3 time finalist in the Edmonton Redbull 3style DJ competitions. This year he has earned himself a Canadian finalist spot for the 3style where he will compete for Worlds in Poland come November 2017. 2015 he released his first professionally shot turntablism music video, which acclaimed heavy support from both DJ Mag Canada & DJ Techtools. He's been playing in clubs since he was 17 and understands the fundamentals of various forms of DJing.
The son of Canadian Jazz icon Chris Andrew, Flavours continues the family tradition by bringing incredible talent to stages across North America. Championing the new sound of future funk (a mixture of disco,glitch, jazz and hip-hop), Flavours’ productions have found support around the world.