8 Week Summer Semester - Tuesdays - July 18 to September 5th
Music Production in Ableton - Level 1
Everything you need to start making music with Ableton Live. Over 8 lessons (2 hours each) we will break down the barriers of electronic music production so that you may begin your journey towards making inspired, professional sounding music.
Who Should Take This Course?
This class is designed for people who want to jump into the world of music production, but have little or no prior experience in music production or Ableton Live. You could be a DJ, a musician, a singer, or just someone who is passionate about music, this course will provide you with the tools and confidence you need to use Ableton fluently.
What You'll Leave Class Knowing
You'll finish this course with a strong understanding of the basic fundamentals of music production in Ableton Live, an introduction to music theory and song writing, and the knowledge to start producing your own songs.
8 Week Summer Semester: July 18 - September 5th
One payment of $750. Save 7% by registering in full!
- A computer that can run Ableton Live
- Ableton Live 9 Suite (available at 40% discount for all Night Vision Music Academy students)
Class Topics Include
- Introduction to Ableton: functions, layout, and tools
- Rhythm & Counting, Song Structure, Song Arrangement
- Drums Rack and Drum Programming
- Intro to Music Theory: Notes & Scales, Chords, Chord Progressions
- Arrangement View, Scenes, Clip launching and Recording
- Adding the Human Touch: Swing & Groove, Playing In and Recording
- Making Ableton work for you: Automation & Modulation
- Recording External Audio, Warping
- And Much More!
- Educational pricing (up to 40% off) on Ableton, Serum, Syntorial, Fab Filter, and other partner companies
- Weekly feedback on assignments
- PDF summary of each week's lesson
- Opportunity for midweek support and questions via e-mail
- Discounted pricing on booking studio time, private lessons, and special events
- Certificate of course completion
Summer semester runs Tuesdays at 7pm
Class runs for 2 hours once a week at our downtown Edmonton teaching facility. 16 hours class time total
The Summer semester runs from July 18 to September 5.